Will your shades fit on my lamp base?
- That will depend on the type of base that you have - Our shades are made with a ring that fits a 41mm diameter ES E27 bulbholder. A removable plastic reducer ring is supplied with every shade to bring the size down to 29mm for fitment to BC B22 bayonet lampholders.
Will your shades fit on my ceiling pendant?
- Our shades are made with a ring that fits a 41mm diameter ES E27 bulbholder. A removable plastic reducer ring is supplied with every shade to bring the size down to 29mm for fitment to BC B22 bayonet lampholders.
Do your shades come with everything I need to attach them to the ceiling?
- No - they are shades only. We sell all the bits & bobs that you need to hang your shades in our accessories section.
What type of bulb can I use?
- We recommend that you use a bulb of maximum 60W Standard, 48W Halogen or 10W LED.
Can you make shades out of my own fabric?
- Not if it's just one or two shades - All fabrics are different & some don't adhere to the flame retardant lining material very well. We test all of our own fabrics thoroughly before we make them available for sale. If you're a trade customer interested in having a large number of shades made with your own fabric, please contact us to discuss compatibility testing.
What is a diffuser & do I need one?
- A diffuser is a thin piece of rigid PVC that sits inside the bottom of your shade when being used on a ceiling pendant. It is intended to disguise or lessen the appearance of the internal fitting & reduce glare from the bulb. There are two versions available - white & opaque. White is non-see through & has a hole cut in the middle (polo mint style) while opaque is made from a 'frosted' style PVC. They are not permanent & can easily be popped in & out of the shade as required. Diffusers are not designed to be used on shades fitted to table or floor lamps.
If I go for a coloured lining, will the light coming out of the shade have a coloured glow?
- That depends - For example, If you go for a bright orange lining on a small 20cm shade, then yes - the bulb will be close to the lining so the glow will have a significant orange hue. On the other hand if you go for an orange lining on a 45cm shade, the bulb will be further away from the lining, so the orange glow will be there, but less obvious.
I'm not sure about colours - can I get samples?
- Yes! Just use our FREE sample request form - HERE
I ordered my shade last week - where is it?
- As stated in the product description, shades are hand made to order & will be sent within 10-14 working days of payment. Working days do not include weekends, bank or seasonal holidays.
- We don't like keeping you waiting & do try to get all orders made & sent as quickly as possible!
Are your shades safe?
- Yes. All our shades are made with a flame retardant lining which is tested for fire resistance to comply with BS EN 60598-1-2008 - the British Standard for Luminaries.
- Our PVC lining material has been tested in the Lighting Association laboratories and has passed the glow wire test. Fabrics, textiles, paper or plastics that have been laminated to our PVC, become fire resistant. Test certificates are available in PDF format if required, please get in touch via the contact form
My question has not been answered here - what do i do?
- Just Contact us & we'll do our very best to help you!